Identification and development of two bankable NAMAs
The project provides conceptual advice on the identification of criteria and indicators for NAMAs, and their potential impact and co-benefits. Two bankable NAMAs, including feasibility studies, MRV systems and financing plans, are being developed and will be submitted to potential donors for funding.
Main achievements in the development process included the following:
- Creation of a shortlist of potential NAMAs based on feasibility, mitigation potential and attractiveness;
- Development of a NAMA proposal on sustainable urban transport. The NAMA focuses on applying more efficient, low-carbon bus technologies, operational improvements and shifting from private to public transport;
- Submission of the NAMA proposal on low carbon buses (LCB) to the NAMA Facility;
- Organisation of stakeholder workshops, training course on urban public transport, as well as a study tour of China for Vietnamese key stakeholders;
- A second NAMA is currently being identified and its development is prioritised. It will be finalised and presented to financial institutions for potential funding in 2018.