Institutional capacity building for MONRE to coordinate, develop and implement NAMAs
This component consists of advising MONRE on the institutional arrangements of NAMA management and coordination. In addition, a guiding document for NAMA development in Viet Nam will be elaborated. Activity highlights include:
- Elaboration of options for NAMA institutional arrangements;
- Consultation workshops on the creation of NAMA institutional arrangements with the participation of key ministries and organisations;
- Study tour in Mexico for key Vietnamese ministry representatives to gain insight into Mexico’s effective institutional structures for NAMA coordination;
- Frequent meetings with development partners in order to encourage synergies and coordination and to prevent overlaps on the development and implementation of NAMAs;
- Training courses for key staff members on NAMA development and NAMA institutional arrangements;
Development and consultation of the NAMA guidance document.